My slightly tilted perspective. Facts, opinions, junk, whatever.
Life viewed from my hazel, astigmatized (is that a word?) eyes.

7.18.2010

New Phones and Corn Tassels

This^^ is my new phone. I promised a picture. So here it is. :]

On another note, I had a good day today.
Detasseling wasn't so bad.
Oh.. maybe I should finally tell you what that means.
Detasseling is a miserable job where you walk back and forth all day long for miles and miles through rows of corn in a corn field. What you do is you pull out the tassels
in a certain species of female corn, allowing the male corn to pollinate the female corn and create a hybrid.

That^^ is a corn tassel. It's what we pull from the stalks.

 That's a good picture of what we do, I suppose.

*Note: None of these pictures in this whole blog entry are mine. Just saying.*

Anyways. It gets UBER FreezingAndWetAndMuddy in the morning and it gets UBER HotAndHumidAndStillSometimesMuddy in the afternoons. There are bugs and you get bitten. Not only that but you get all bruised and beaten up. It's just the regular wear and tear of the job.

Anyways.. I have now fulfilled my promise and explained what detasseling is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Below you'll find some videos. But notjustany videos. For now, this'll just be all of my favorite channels and tagwords. BUT, there might be more secrets in store for a later date. Stay tuned :]